Vibra-Tite VC-4 exhibits similar performance to Vibra-Tite VC-3 except it contains a base solvent of Ethyl Acetate. VC-4 is one of the most versatile threadlockers available on the market. Unlike traditional liquid lockers which cure to form a hard bond, VC-4 is a blend of resins designed to remain flexible and absorb vibration. This unique difference makes VC-4 coated fasteners truly adjustable, removable, and reusable.
- Product Specifications
- Ethyl Acetate base
- An acrylic polymer that dampens and absorbs vibration
- Will not harden like anaerobic threadlockers
- Works with metal, wood, plastic (See table below), and more
- Fasteners are easily adjusted, removed and reused
- Works on fasteners of any shape or size, from tiny eyeglass screws to large construction bolts
- Works with internal or external threads
- Excellent Coated Shelf Life: Parts coated with Vibra-Tite VC-4 can be stored indefinitely before use.
- Versatile: Vibra-Tite VC-4 adheres to both ferrous and non-ferrous metals, most platings, wood, and plastic* screws (*See table below).
- Creates a Reliable, Powerful Lock & Seal: With exceptional reliability, Vibra-Tite VC-4 holds parts in place even during extreme vibration and resists leakage by acting as a dam between mated threads.
- Offers Multiple Reuses: Using steady pressure and standard hand tools, parts coated with Vibra-Tite VC-4 can easily be adjusted, removed, and reused.
- Minimizes Galling/Stripping: Since Vibra-Tite VC-4 remains a thick, resilient, taffy-like “viscous resin,” its cold flow properties actually minimize galling or stripping of soft threads during reuse.
- Can be installed underwater: Unlike anaerobics, VC-4 can be air dried then installed into a mating part under both fresh and salt water.
Easy To Use:
Shake well before each use. Apply VC-4 a length of 1 to 1 ½ times the fastener diameter, filling threads 30-50%. Although material will be dry to touch within minutes, allow VC-4 to dry for 10-30 minutes (the longer the better), depending on part size. Fasteners are then ready for assembly or to be stored for later use.
From tiny eyeglass screws to huge construction bolts, Vibra-Tite VC-4 is ideal for use on fasteners of any size.
|Color||Red (custom colors can be manufactured dependent on quantity.|
|Cured form||Resilient plastic|
|Shelf life||Bottled: 5 Years from date of manufacture.
|Chemical resistance||Offers resistance to most solvents (acts as a partial corrosion barrier)|
|Dries for use||10-30 minutes, depending on part size.|
|Drying method for bulk production||Best achieved using considerable airflow in addition to temperature not exceeding 130˚F|
|Operational temperature range||-65˚F to 165˚F (-54˚C to 74˚C) For other temperature applications, please contact us|
|Reusability||Using steady pressure and standard hand tools, parts coated with Vibra-Tite VC-4 can easily be adjusted, removed, and reused up to 5 times.|
|Minimizes Galling/Stripping||Since Vibra-Tite VC-4 remains a thick, resilient, taffy-like “viscous resin,” its cold flow properties actually minimize galling or stripping of soft threads during reuse.|
|Breakaway torque||No distinct break; slow release as material cold flows|
|Standard coating length||1 to 1 1/2 times diameter|
|Lead thread requirement||None|
|Thread Fill requirement||30 – 50% of the thread root area|
VC Formula Plastic Compatibility
Note that all VC products are applied and dried on a fastener first. So if your fastener is metal, it can likely be installed into any substrate as the solvent has already evaporated.
|Product||Solvent Base||Evaporation Rate||Plastic Compatibility|
|VC-3||Methyl Ethyl Ketone||3.8||ECTFE, EPDM, FEP, Nylon 6/6, PE, PEEK, PET, PFA, PP, PPS, PTFE, TFE, UHMW|
|VC-4||Ethyl Acetate||4.2||ECTFE, FEP, FLPE, HDPE*, LDPE*, Nylon 6/6, PEEK, PFA, PPS, PTFE, TFE, UHMW|
|VC-5||Methyl Propyl Ketone||2.4||FEP, Nylon 6/6, PFA, PP, PPE, PTFE, TFE|
|VC-6||Dimethyl Carbonate||3.22||ABS, FPM, Nylon 6/6, PC, PE, PEEK, PET, PP, PTFE, PVC, PVDF|