Microbond washers are dry to the touch adhesives, bonded to a mesh substrate and cut into various sizes. The adhesive in each washer is activated when crushed or sheared under the pressure of the fastener during installation. Microbond washers lock and seal under the head of the fastener, and provide a wide range of benefits when compared to metal lock washers, or even neoprene.
First adhesive washer of its kind! Super light weight and dry to the touch!
Microbond Dri-Adhesive Washers are made from a fiberous material which holds ND Industries’ powerful Microspheres adhesive technology.
Microspheres, a material formed though a process known as microencapsulation, consists of tiny spheres or microcaps containing either an activator or adhesive. Although mixed together, the shell of each sphere keeps both parts separated allowing the material to stay dry and inactive until during assembly the force of engagement breaks open the microcaps causing activation.
- Dry to the touch and safe to handle
- Works great on sheet metal applications
- Provides vibration dampening
- Prevents loosening due to vibration
- Prevents galvanic corrosion
- Great alternative to split-ring, serrated and conical washers
- Adhesive activates upon installation
- Will not scratch surfaces
- Significantly reduces weight in assemblies
- Custom shapes, sizes and colors available
|Part Number||Description||Inner Diameter (inches)||Outer Diameter (inches)||Material Thickness (inches)|
|MBW84100||Microbond SAE #10 Washer||0.217||0.500||0.032 +0.002 -0.010|
|MBW84200||Microbond SAE ¼” Washer||0.286||0.628||0.032 +0.002 -0.010|
|MBW84300||Microbond SAE 3/8” Washer||0.403||0.801||0.032 +0.002 -0.010|
|MBW84500||Microbond SAE ½” Washer||0.562||1.375||0.032 +0.002 -0.010|