Vibra-Tite 488 Sealing Compound
Vibra-Tite 488 is a thermal reactive paste sealing compound that is used in high temperature and high pressure applications. In the presence of heat, Vibra-Tite 488 will form a mechanical (“mechanical type”) seal. Vibra-Tite 488 does not cement joints together, thus it will not interfere with future repairs of metal-to-metal joints. Vibra-Tite 488 is not affected by thermal cycling.
Vibra-Tite 488 can be used as a gasket dressing to improve the sealing capability of standard gaskets. Vibra-Tite 488 can also be applied to many types of gaskets (including spiral wound) to reseal them, thereby prolonging their useful life. Vibra-Tite 488 can be used as the only sealant on low tolerance metal-to metal joints. Vibra-Tite 488 is applied onto the sealing surface in a complete, uniform, thin coating. The coating need not be very wide, because the product will flow under compression.
- Ease of application.
- Achieves seal before full cure.
- Fast, easy repairs.
- High pressure tolerance, high temperature tolerance & high chemical resistance.
- Unaffected by thermal cycling.
- Improves the sealing capability of standard gaskets.
- Seals flange irregularities (scratches, warpage, cuts, pits).
|Temp Range High|